Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Colorado 2010

We just returned from a 3 day / 3 night camping trip to Durango, Colorado! Since the last time I went camping involved a keg, this was a bit of a learning experience for me. There were a few frustrating moments, definitely some good times and a few lessons learned.

Frustrating moments:
1. Waking up at 4am to make our 6-something flight.

2. Entertaining a 15 month old from 5:45 am - 10:20 am when our delayed flight finally left Tulsa.

3. Fussy Tucker on the flight from Denver to Durango. Yes - we were "those people with the fussy baby".

4. Popping ears. My ears have never popped so much in all my life. I think they're still popping!

5. Snoring brothers-in-law.

6. Losing my contact lens in the bathroom...and failing to pack a spare pair.

7. Rain...sun...rain...sun...clouds...sun...rain...rain...clouds...I think Will Rogers was actually talking about Colorado - not Oklahoma - when he said the this: "If you don't like the weather, wait a minute and it'll change".

8. The fresh mountain air sending me home with some sort of cold or allergy condition.

Good times:
1. Tucker sleeping on the flight from Tulsa to Denver!

2. Finding my contact (though on the bathroom floor of a public restroom at a campground...still a highlight of our trip!)!

3. Spending time with my brothers-in-law whom we rarely get to see.

4. Waking up to a crisp mountain morning and not immediately sweating when stepping outside.

5. Tucker sleeping on my lap on the plane on the way home.

Lessons learned:
1. When dealing with bears, do not sleep in the clothes you are preparing and cooking food in. Seriously. Bears. In our camp.

2. 40 degrees at 2am really isn't that cold when you are snuggling with a 15-month old while rocking him to sleep in the front porch swing...and scared because you've mistaken the snoring guy in the tent next door for a bear.

3. Don't expect to accomplish much when a 15-month old, a public restroom, an open trash can and a plunger are involved. Thus the reason for dropped/ temporarily missed contact lens.

4. Mamas need naps. Babies REALLY need naps!

5. I'm a lucky girl to have such an amazing little family and wonderful in-laws!

No comments: