Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Baby News

Today is Tucker's 15 month birthday! It felt like he was 13 months forever and now it's already been 2 more months! Crazy!

He had his wellness check-up today which included 4 shots. Boo! His head is big, he's a little bit short but his weight...well...he's a little feller. In my quest to feed Tucker only the best things, I inadvertently deprived my boy of calories! Is it my fault that the kid loves his fruits and veggies?

When I asked our pediatrician how to increase Tucker's calorie intake, his suggestion - butter. I love it! He said when we give him vegetables, put some butter on them! Better yet, how about a stick of butter covered with sugar? That should put a little fat on his bones! Just kidding!

So now we're trying to figure out how to beef up our baby without filling him with junk. Wouldn't it be nice to have that problem? I wish I was too skinny!

Speaking of nowhere near skinny, I have noticed that I'm a lot more pregnant than I realized! In the mirror, I look kinda pregnant. In pictures...oh my...I look ginormous! Maybe I should cut out the sugar coated butter sticks.

Baby in belly is moving and shaking like nobody's business - flutters and little kicks here and there. I'm still tired most of the time and I have been painfully reminded of leg cramps during pregnancy. But there's a sweet little prize at the end so it's all worth it!

We'll find out tomorrow (fingers crossed)if baby in belly is a boy or a girl! I can't believe we're already at 20 weeks! We're actually over 1/2 way there because I'll have a c-section at 39 weeks.

I remember the days leading up to Tucker's 20 week ultrasound. I was a complete mess! I felt like if we saw a little Tucker, then we were losing a little (insert girl name here) and vice versa. I would bawl my eyes out every morning in the shower. I hoped with all I had that I would somehow turn out to be pregnant with twins - 1 boy and 1 girl. But as soon as the ultrasound tech said "It's a boy!" and she and Alec tried to show me the "proof", I was on cloud 9!

We really don't have a preference - just a healthy sweet baby. I love my boy to pieces and certainly wouldn't mind having another one around. Boys are just so much fun! But a girl would be nice too - a little mini me. Can you imagine? Scary!

The ice cream is calling my name...and I think the cookies are too. I'll leave the sticks of butter for Tucker!

No comments: