Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, June 27, 2010

I Want an Alice!

I'm not sure if it's chasing around a 14 month old, being 4 1/2 months pregnant, cleaning up after 3 dogs or what, but I'm exhausted!! I've always tried to maintain a tidy home but I'm just about ready to throw in the towel. I don't know how to do this! I had a few little bursts of energy today and was able to accomplish a few things but not nearly everything I would've liked.

I want someone like Alice from the Brady Bunch to come live with us. She could clean the house, do the laundry, cook, feed the dogs...well just about everything that keeps me from spending time with my family! And every now and then when I wanted to show my perfect wife/mama side, I'd bake a pie or something. Just the thought of someone to take care of all the behind the scenes stuff makes me a little sad. It seems like such a simple request but I know it's not realistic whatsoever.

And besides, I like cooking and cleaning for my family. It's just keeping up with it all is so very exhausting and never ending. Thank goodness I have a husband that does his best to take care of us. Honestly, I don't know how anyone without a husband like mine does it!

I think my frustration is how very little time we have to spend with our family. I hate to think time I could be spending with them is spent vacuuming or cleaning the stupid bathroom (I loathe this chore most of all!). I knew having a family would put things into perspective and I think I've really let a lot of things slide, but it would still be nice to at least get to a good starting point - a perfectly spotless home with everything in its place. Then maybe I could at least maintain some sense of order!

And what's it going to be like when the baby comes? Oh Alice...we could really use you!

No comments: