Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Wiener!

Yesterday we found out that the baby in my belly is made of snips and snails and puppy dog tails! Yes! We're having another boy! I'm so very excited. I really dig having a ornery stinky little boy and to have one more in our crazy lives...sounds like heaven or maybe the brink of insanity! And besides I want to be the only princess in our house!

When the ultrasound technician started exploring my belly with the magic wand, she found the baby and we saw its heart and spine but the little stinker wouldn't show us the goods. In the waiting room I had begged, please be sitting on a glass table. This is the only time in your life I'll ask you to do this so please comply. But alas, the wee one was being modest (he is his mother's son). So the technician started banging on my belly to get the baby to move. Really? Is that necessary? I offered to roll around but she was perfectly content taking out her frustrations on my bulging midsection.

And finally, she paused for a moment. We all looked at the screen and Alec yelled "WIENER!" I honestly don't know how anyone can see anything on those things but I went along with Alec and the technician and was like - oh yeah - I see it - a boy! While I cried, I think I may have heard a "cha-ching" and seen dollar signs in Alec's eyes.

And so begins (again) dodging fountains of pee.

No comments: