Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Over Half Way There!

This week marks our 21st pregnancy week...over 1/2 way there! I'll be at 40 weeks on 11/28 but since I'll have a c-section a week before (at 39 weeks), then we only have 18 more to go. Whew! That's a lot of math!

We had our 21 week appointment on Monday morning. I wasn't a happy camper at work that morning and had gotten myself pretty worked up by the time we got to the doctor's office. Then in the elevator, some lady was just staring at me! Seriously! Just staring! I just about decked her and as we got off the elevator, I said to Alec (loudly)"Did you see that lady just staring at me?!?! I mean...she was just staring!!!"

I was pretty sure my blood pressure was going to be through the roof and this would be the day (fingers crossed) they would insist I be put on bed rest. But lo and behold, my blood pressure was almost perfect - the best they've seen with this pregnancy!

We heard the baby's heartbeat (perfect!) and my belly measured right on target. But I was still full of piss and vinegar so I tried to pick a fight with my doctor. I was sure my due date wasn't right, but she wouldn't budge and told me it was in ink and not changing. Poor Alec just let me go on my rant until I finally gave up.

I still think my due date is off. So when I have a c-section at 39 weeks and my baby is 45 weeks old, don't forget I told you so!

No comments: