Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, August 1, 2010

A Mama's Love

I've been watching Bethenny Getting Married? and have witnessed through Facebook a lot of friends become first time moms. Something that is a common theme is the overwhelming love that all of these ladies have for their little ones. And I know exactly what they're talking about!

No one told me about this when I was pregnant...along with what a contraction felt like or how horrible month 9 is. But I now know what a mother's love is all about. I don't just love my sweet boy, I'm totally head over heels in love with him. He's the absolute light of my life. Really the hugeness of this love is indescribable... but I'll try.

It's like you take the best of everything you have with other people and throw it all together. It's the passion I feel for my husband and our family. It's the respect and admiration I have for my grandparents. It's the awe I have for my mom raising two kids on her own. It's just the most heart pounding, gut wrentching, crazy love you could ever experience.

Of course the little booger drives me to the edge of insanity sometimes too! Alec and I have started to pitch in and help out when one of us needs a time out. If either one of us is on the verge of losing it and needs a break, then the other removes them from the situation and takes over. It seems to be working out pretty well - we're kinda yin yang like that.

And when the new baby arrives, I'm sure things will be even crazier. But there's nothing that will stop me from relishing in the love I'll have for him. And that makes it all worth it.

No comments: