Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, August 30, 2010

It Has Happened

Well the thing I was looking forward to the least with this pregnancy has happened - I've run out of steam.

A girl I work with asked if it was different being pregnant in the summer vs winter. To be honest, I haven't really noticed the affect of the season. The only thing I know is that it's much much much different to be pregnant while chasing a toddler then to be pregnant without a little one around!

When I found out I was pregnant, I worried that I wouldn't have enough energy to keep up with a very active Tucker. I thought it was unfair for him that Mama couldn't play and be rowdy with him. I've carried around this little shred of hope that I would somehow maintain a high energy level throughout my pregnancy and not deny Tucker of any fun play-with-Mama time. But this weekend, the inevitable happened and I just can't keep up with him now.

Sunday while Alec mowed, I did my best to play with Tucker while maintaining the peace between Tucker and the wiener kids. I really wish the wiener kids would give in and let Tucker torment them as he does Mango (the lab kid). Anyway, I grew tired of trying to keep every one's hands and paws to themselves so Tucker and I went upstairs to the play room.

As Tucker played with his toys, I sat in the floor and cried over this lazy blob of a mama I had become. My frustrations with Tucker and the dogs and my zero-energy level had gotten the best of me.

When Tucker was born, I envisioned myself as this fun, fit mom who played and played and played with her boy. But this person crying in Tucker's playroom was nowhere near that mom.

Then I heard something and there was Alec - Super Daddy - to save the day! He scooped Tucker and me off the floor, threw us in the car and we headed to the splash pad for some fun in the sun!

When we got home, Tucker and I were no longer fussy and we both laid down for much needed naps. And all was right in our little world again.

I know I only have a little bit longer in my current "delicate" condition. And it probably sounds totally insane, but I'm looking forward to the easiness of taking care of a baby.

And if you see me in about 4 months, remind me I said that!

No comments: