Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Braxton Hicks = Yowza!

I thought I had experienced Braxton Hicks contractions with Tucker but I may have been proven wrong last night! Just as I wiggled into a somewhat comfy position in bed, I felt like someone wrapped their arms around my entire belly and squeezed the begeezus out of me! Yowza! The squeeze lasted maybe 1 minute though it seemed much longer. I rolled to my other side (I'm not supposed to sleep on belly or back anymore - boo!) and laid there for a few seconds then another SQUEEZE!!!

This went on for maybe 10 or 15 minutes - rolling to side, SQUEEZE, roll to other side, SQUEEZE. Seriously! This stinks! Luckily this was well past my 9:30ish bedtime so I eventually succumbed to sleep and that was that.

These Braxton Hicks contractions stink because it's just pain pain pain nothing. With real contractions it's pain pain pain baby!

Since I'm having a c-section, this may be the only time I experience contractions with this pregnancy. Though my due date may not be right so there is a slim chance that I could go into labor before my c-section is scheduled and have contractions! Ok weird to hope for contractions & labor? Yes - but it's all part of the baby experience!

No comments: