Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Tucker and Mama's Day Out

I had the day off on Friday so Tucker and I took on the town...well, just a little corner of the town.

After breakfast, I laid Tucker down for a quick morning nap and of course he finally fell asleep when we pulled in to Music to Grow By! Music to Grow By is a music class for Tucker-size kids. We sat in on one of the classes so we could decide if we wanted to sign up for an 8-week session.

I was worried with no nap, Tucker would be fussy. But my worries soon passed when we went in and Tucker just looked around - all big eyed and open mouthed! I sat him on the floor and he crawled to the basket of toys. As others arrived, the kids followed suit. This was the first time Tucker had been around so many babies and he did so good! He just sat and stuck toys in his mouth while we all sat around and sang songs and played. We played with rattles, balls, bubbles and stuffed animals. But Tucker's favorite was the scarves! That kid just loves a good round of peek-a-boo!

Tucker was quite the snuggler and charmer! He would walk and crawl to the other mamas and the teacher and hug them. I was a very proud mama of my sweet boy! Oh - and I only teared up a little bit at the beginning of class so I was pretty proud of myself too!

By the end of class, he was definitely ready for a nap! So...off to the mall! While I ate lunch, Tucker just sat in his stroller - enjoying a bottle and Cheerios. He really likes to check everyone out so he stayed awake the whole time.

I had to watch how close I parked Tucker's stroller because he liked to grab hanging clothes and put them in his mouth. Sorry for the spittty clothes, ladies!

When we got home, Tucker was definitely ready for a nap and slept for 2 hours while I caught up on Oprah. A perfect day!

The best part of our day together was that I finally felt comfortable taking Tucker out in public by myself. I never once got frustrated with the stroller or panicked about getting in anyone's way. And it only took me 10 months!

No comments: