Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Uh-Oh! Weaning is harder than I thought!

So I had decided a few months ago to breastfeed Tucker as much as I could until he turned 1. Well he turned 1 on Tuesday and...he's still nursing at night. I know it's only been a couple of days, but still, I think this may be harder than I thought!

I haven't really given Tucker the opportunity to get upset over the whole thing - I'm the one who's throwing a fit! I can't seem to wean myself off of nursing!

Usually while Alec is changing Tucker into his jammies, I'm hanging out in the rocking chair waiting to soothe Tucker to sleep. Well on Tuesday, as Alec was changing Tucker into his jammies, I stood there - helpless - with tears streaming down my face. I had no idea what to do! What was my role in the bedtime process now? There was nothing else to do! So Alec decided that since it was Tucker's birthday, I didn't need to stop nursing that night so Tucker and I climbed into the rocking chair and my tears dried right up.

Yesterday Tucker had his 1 year appointment and shots. He didn't feel very good by the time we got home last night. There was no question in my mind on whether or not to nurse Tucker before bed last night. That poor baby needed it!

So now bedtime looms before me. I thought maybe instead of nursing, I could rock Tucker to sleep and maybe read a book to him. Hopefully it'll be an easy transition for him. I just hope Alec is ready to hold me and read a book to me...cause I'm gonna need it!

No comments: