Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Uncomfortable

I didn't realize pregnancy would be so uncomfortable! I never thought about how my organs are all crushed together and my ribs are stretched to the max to make room for my ginormous uterus.

I tried to take a hot bath on Monday night to soothe my cramping back and abdomen, but our hot water tank was on the fritz so I laid in bed and cried instead. I couldn't sit or lay down in any sort of position and just feel comfortable!

Then I started feeling fat and ugly so that made me cry even more. I asked Alec if any of his dad books told him how to deal with me when I'm like this and he said they didn't. He just hugged me and tried his best to make me feel better.

We played Yahtzee which took my mind off things for a while. We played 6 rounds and in the end, we tied! How weird is that?!?! We had each won a few games and when we added up our final scores, they were both 1309.

I had a better day yesterday but today was crampy and uncomfortable again. I try not to wish the days away and enjoy (or at least accept) each day as they come, but it's hard when you hurt! I could not get comfortable at all at work. Alec ran some errands at lunch and I went with him just so I could lay back in the heated car seat.

Alec replaced the thermostat on the hot water tank so I took my hot bath, but that still didn't help. We have our next doctor's appointment tomorrow and I'm going to ask her what I can do to relieve some of this pain in my back, sides and upper belly. My body feels so tense like my muscles haven't stretched in months.

The cupcakes help a little, but only for the 20 seconds it takes me to eat one.

No comments: