Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, January 15, 2009

St. Johns it is!

We toured St. Johns on Monday night and Hillcrest today and the winner is...St. Johns! Hillcrest was nice and the Women's Health Center was huge, but we just liked St. Johns better. Now that we've decided on the hospital, we'll sign up for classes! In the Childbirth class, they have some of the husbands wear an empathy belly. Alec said he wishes he could feel what it's like for the baby to kick. Well now he can feel that plus a weight gain of 30 lbs, shortness of breath, increased blood pressure and body temperature, bladder pressure, low back aches, fatigue, irritabilty and much more! http://www.empathybelly.org/home.html

We had our 7 month check up today and all is good! I've only gained 4 pounds since my last appointment(before Christmas!). When the doctor was trying to measure my belly, Tucker was just kicking away! I'm not sure if she could feel him, but it was pretty funny.

I had to take my glucose tolerance test today to test for gestational diabetes. I was supposed to fast for 3 hours before my test at 1. I had eggs and toast for breakfast and was planning on a snack at 10, but got busy. By the time I had to take the test, that thick orange liquid was like heaven! I was so hungry! After I drank the orange stuff, we had to wait an hour then have my blood taken. I was so lightheaded from hunger! When we finally made it back to work at 2:30, I completely inhaled my Delasandro's leftovers, a pudding cup and an apple!

So now we're on to appointments every 2 weeks and beginning week 36, we'll go in weekly. Yea!

Oh - and my belly button hasn't popped yet. I'm not sure it will. We can see the bottom of it now which is pretty cool. I've never seen the bottom of my belly button before! I'm just not sure the bottom will pop out and become the top!

No comments: