Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Good morning! We're getting married today!

This morning I woke up determined to see the sunrise and get a couple of pics. It wasn't until I went back to bed and checked the clock that I found out the sun rises around here at 4:30 in the morning! That's 3:30 OK time! Alec has given up trying to explain time zones to me. Hopefully I can convince him to go to the beach tomorrow morning so I can get better pics.



Yesterday Alec went and got our complimentary coffee and danishes from the hotel library. I couldn't figure out what kind of pastries these were. He told me they were fig. I was like "fig?!?" and he asked "haven't you ever had a fig newton?" Uhm... no - I'm a cookie girl, not a newton girl! Any who, I thought, well if this is what these fancy Yankees eat for breakfast, then I'll give it a shot! It was funny - fig tasted a lot like chocolate. I thought, well, I'll make myself believe I'm eating chocolate to get through this thing. Well, low and behold, it turns out they WERE chocolate! Someone thought he was being quite the jokester!

After breakfast, we went to Town Hall to apply for our marriage license. The process was so easy! They didn't even need to see our birth certificates, drivers licenses or anything!

We then took a stroll down to Brandt Point lighthouse.



The sand was so warm and soft, and there were shells everywhere! We started a pretty good collection! Alec was wearing tennis shoes, but I had on slip-ons so I thought I'd stick my toe in the water. Brrrrr!!!


Good thing we didn't pack our swimsuits!


After we dropped our shells off at the hotel and I rinsed off my sandy feet, we headed to town for some shopping and lunch. We stopped in the Chamber for map and a lunch recommendation. We decided to eat lunch at the Tavern on the Wharf. We split a bowl of clam chowder (YUMMY!) and a "catch of the day" sandwich. We think it was scrod - which sounds gross but it's not. Here we are after lunch - right on the wharf!


We meandered around town a bit more then headed back to the hotel to relax a bit on the balcony. The workers below were busy moving boats into the harbor in preparation for the upcoming holiday weekend and the official beginning of the season in 'Tuck!




Then it was time for our 4:00 complimentary Port and cheese. Ooh-la-la!



After a nice long nap, we headed out for dinner. We wanted something low key so we decided on Cap'n Tobey's Chowder House. I had a cup of lobster bisque and stuffed Quohog clams. Alec had a steak and cheese sandwich. We were entertained by the locals going nuts over the Red Sox game on the TV. People here are crazy for their Sox and Celtics!

We got back to the hotel and soaked in our experiences for the day. Oh - and that's a full moon behind us, not a UFO. I'm still trying to figure out my camera!



And now it's time to begin "Our Big Day!" Alec tried not to look at me this morning (you know, bad luck) but that didn't last long.

No comments: