Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Back from vacation!

Well we just about have everything unpacked and all of the boxes out of the house! I think I remember saying a couple of weeks ago “moving in is a lot easier than moving out”. Now I’m not so sure!

There are so many little things we still want to do, but will have to save for our weekend projects. We painted the master bath – no let me reiterate – we sanded, cleaned, primed, primed, painted, touched up – the master bath! There’s not a lick of royal blue or silver to be found! Oh – and never give a paint brush to a girl with a touch of OCD. Lesson learned!

Alec cleaned, filled and balanced the hot tub. Last night, we couldn’t figure out what to do next on our ever present To Do list, so we soaked in the hot tub which was really more like lukewarm tub. Alec thought it was fine, but 84 degree water does not a hot tub make! The jets felt nice and the lights gave us a funky show, but it was COLD when we got out!

The furkids and I finally talked Alec into turning on the air conditioner last weekend. We were just dragging around and panting while Mr. Thrifty was staying cool as a cucumber thinking of all the $$ he was saving on the electric bill! UGH! We are all in much better spirits now!

We got a few new pieces of furniture including a bed. This bed is crazy high – I think it hits me just below my chest. Believe me, there is no graceful way for me to get in this thing! I have a little step ladder that I move room to room (everything is so high in this house!). I think I need to set it up next to the bed or dig out the wiener kids’ ramp!

I’ll try to post new-and-improved house pictures later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There are other ways of warming up water you know! Sheesh!

Likes the reads folks. Keep 'em a comin'!