Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Our Latest Happenings

Not a whole lot of thrilling moments lately, but we do have some fun things coming up.

This Saturday is Founders Day in my hometown of Wynona. Founders Day consists of a parade that's about 15 minutes long (mostly firetrucks, people on 4-wheelers and some horses) and then games and visiting in front of the town hall on main street.

One thing we like to do is sit in the shade with my grandparents and try to figure out who everyone is. It's funny how you forget someone's face when you haven't seen them in so long and they've put on weight and gotten gray headed. I wonder if I look different to everyone? I know I don't look like the same girl who grew up in this area, but I wonder if I'm recognizable?

Later in the evening, there will be the alumni banquet. Since our school is so small, we don't have class reunions. We have the alumni banquet every other year so all of the classes can attend. This is really the best way for all of us to get together since many of our friends are from classes other than our own.

Next weekend, we are going to the wedding of one of my very best college friends. I'm so happy she's found love! This will be one of the rare Tucker-free occasions so hopefully I can hold it together and only cry tears of joy for my dear friend and not separation anxiety tears!

Then the following weekend is the BIXBY GREEN CORN FESTIVAL!!! So excited this year! Last year, we drug poor 2-month-old Tucker out in the horrendous heat and only stayed long enough for the parade and 1 ear of corn. Hopefully the weather will be nice and we can stay a bit longer to really enjoy the food and festivities!

In July we'll be traveling with Alec's parents and brothers to Durango Colorado for a little family vacation. This will be Tucker's first time on a plane - can you believe it?!? First time flying at 14 months! I was 18 years old the first time I flew on a plane...and I've not gotten used to it since! I'm not a flier. I'm just not. I'm still a little fuzzy on what all this trip entails - some camping, some site seeing, some chasing a 14-month old around a campground, some stumbling across a campsite at 3am for my middle-of-the-night-pregnancy-pee...we'll just have to wait and see!

And just in time for all of these activities...Tucker has become quite the handful! Oh my lands - he's fast! His running is more like a really fast walk, but he's fast! And he hasn't seemed to learn his lesson from his monkeying ways. He climbs all over everything. And apparently, the more involved the fall is, the more fun it is! My heart stops every time he tumbles! I have a feeling one of those backpack leash things will make it into our home very very soon!

No comments: