Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

School!

Today was Tucker's first day of school...well kinda like school. He's going to a childcare program 2 days a week from 9:30 to 2:30 so it's the closest thing to school that he's experienced so far. We wanted him to start interacting with other kids and also give Alec's parents a little break.

Of course, just like every other milestone or first in Tucker's little 14 month life, I just about cried my eyes out! I'm not sure when I started - maybe sometime last week? But I didn't stop until I got to work this morning after dropping Tucker off. Poor kid! His mama's just a big 'ol baby!

I tried to give Tucker a pep talk on the way there but every time I tried to open my mouth, this huge sob just came rushing up my throat and I'd start crying again. I'm sure I had Tucker pretty freaked out by the time we stopped by the office to pick up Alec. There was no way I could drop Tucker off by myself the first day!

I honestly cried from the time we pulled into the parking lot until we got back to work. A few of the other mothers gave me sympathetic smiles and the director just kept reassuring me that Tucker would be fine.

We walked Tucker back to his room and he went into shy-mode when his teachers tried to talk to him. Finally we gave him a hug and a kiss and I handed him off to his teacher. And he cried. And I cried harder. This was not going well at all. We just had to leave - it was best for everyone.

When we stopped at the front desk, Tucker's crying died down and he was fine! However, I continued to cry!

We picked Tucker up later in the afternoon and we were told that he took a good nap in the morning, ate most of his lunch and was "such a sweet boy" which we already knew! We saw some of the same mothers and the director again and all were relieved that I was in much better spirits this time!

Hopefully dropping him off will get easier...until it's time to start real school!

No comments: