Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Things Are Getting Better!

Since Tucker and I have been home, I've definitely had my share of the baby blues - may even have had a touch of post partum depression, but I think things are getting better.

First, I'm physically feeling much, much better. I can finally sleep on both sides (not just my back!) and can get in and out of bed with no pain. Also, my back doesn't ache every time I pick up Tucker. I'm actually even waking up in the morning somewhat rested!

I've definitely been humbled by motherhood and I'm almost convinced that I can't do everything and perfection is waaaaaayyyy overrated! Yesterday I wore a shirt all day that had Tucker's umbilical cord gunk on it as well as a big Tucker pee spot. Each morning I brush my teeth while staring at the same spots all over my bathroom mirror and don't even get me started on the filthy kitchen floor! But then I look at my boy - all snuggled in his bouncy chair - and all the little imperfections in the world melt away.

I've cried every day for the past 3 weeks. But they aren't sad tears. I'm so overcome with love for Tucker and my little family - it's that kind of love that's so deep that it just hurts. I don't really even know Tucker yet but this love I have for him is just so enormous and surreal. I think my love for Alec has evolved too. He's not just my sweet husband anymore. He's also the most amazing father and I'm pretty sure my biggest fan.

Uh-oh - I have to go now - poor Tucker has the hiccups (which he doesn't like at all!) and it's time for our afternoon story!

No comments: