Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, May 11, 2009

My Bittersweet Birthday

Today is my birthday and it started out decent enough. I decided to not work from home today (I never work on my birthday, even if it's from home!) and to just enjoy the day off.

I cleaned the house a little (I like cleaning - I'm weird like that) and put together a diaper bag for Tucker's grandparents who will be watching him for us. When I was rocking Tucker this afternoon - trying to get him to go back to sleep so I could finish the bathroom - I realized, not only is today my birthday, but it's also my last day home with Tucker before I go back to work tomorrow. And my heart broke. So I held Tucker tight and rocked him a little longer. I told him I loved him a million times and smothered him with kisses.

I can't imagine not being able to pick him up and hold him anytime I want throughout the day. He won't be right there for me to kiss each time I walk by him. Our afternoon stories will have to be bedtime stories now.

I can only hope the days fly by, the evenings drag on forever and time stands still on the weekends.

No comments: