Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

I've always been a little frustrated with Mother's Day because my birthday either falls on or near so I've had to share the day with millions of other people. Last year, each time someone called me to wish me happy birthday, I responded with "Thanks! Happy Mother's Day!" (well with everyone except my Dad). I wanted my own special day!

Well this year was a completely different story! Now I'm a momma so I have 2 special days in a row! My Mother's Day began with a showering of gifts and cards from my 2 favorite guys! Tucker was very excited to see my reaction to the gifts he picked out for me!

He got me a cute bracelet that says Mom on it and a necklace that had a charm with his initial and a little diamond (his birthstone) on it.

Then I got my birthday present - a pair of princess cut diamond earrings! (I told Alec if he was going to take pictures, I needed to look decent, but he said I looked fine - ugh!)

I was so surprised and happy so of course I cried and cried!

We then went out for breakfast (mmmm...I've missed you over-medium eggs!) and Tucker slept the entire time! He woke up just as we were leaving but as soon as we got in the car, he was out again.

Then we were Wynona bound - Tucker's longest trip from home so far! Of course he slept all the way there. He was such a good boy and snuggled up with everyone who held him.

After dinner, Tucker and I snuggled on the couch - the perfect ending to the perfect day!

Alec says I'm an amazing mom and doing such a good job. I feel like I just kinda stumble through each day and as long as Tucker is safe and sleeping in his bassinet at the end of the day, then I've done something right. The best advice I received when I was pregnant was that there's no "wrong way", there's just "my way". I'm only doing the best I know how and loving Tucker with everything I have. If that makes me a good mom, then I guess I can't argue!

Oh and Tucker finally got some money to put in his piggy bank!

No comments: