Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, February 27, 2009

News from the belly

We had our last "every 2 weeks" appointment this week. Our regular doctor was out so we saw a different doctor in her group. I actually lost 2 pounds and my belly measured 1 cm over which is in the normal range. WooHoo!

The doctor noticed my swollen hands. Now this guy has never seen my hands before and he could tell they were obviously ginormous. They look like big ol' marshmallows or baseball gloves! I feel like some sort of Neanderthal trying to pick up a pen and write!

After our appointment, we headed over to the hospital to fill out our preadmission paperwork. Before they did anything, they gave us a breakdown of what the cost would be, what insurance covered and what we needed to pay...THAT DAY! What in the world?!?! You'd think someone would've given us a heads up - oh, and by the way, be sure to bring your check book! But no - give us money today. So bearing there are no complications, we're paid in full!

We got our proofs back from our maternity photo shoot. There are a few we like and a few we don't like at all! I've never seen so many pictures of my belly - 167 to be exact! It's funny, that's the one problem area that I've always tried to cover up and now it's on display for all the world to see!

And I'm ready to have the baby - or at least I'm ready to feel some sense of normalcy with my body. I cried to Alec one morning that I don't remember what it's like to not be pregnant! It's getting harder and harder to put on pants. I may just buy some big sweatpants and wear them 24/7 until the baby gets here. I'm tired of maternity clothes. I tried to put on a maternity skirt I got early on in my pregnancy and that was a horrendous experience.

I know - only a little bit longer...but I'm not a patient person.

No comments: