Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Busy Weekend!

We had our maternity pictures taken and our first baby shower on Saturday. I couldn't face either with bad hair so I started the day at the salon. Tucker seemed to really enjoy the shampooing because he was kicking like crazy! My hair turned out a bit flatter than I was hoping - I needed big hair to balance out my big belly!

We had about an hour and a 1/2 photo session at Mac's Photography and had our maternity pictures taken. We took several changes of clothes and took A LOT of pictures of my belly! Alec worked the fan so my hair looked even more amazing! The photographer, Michelle, was really easy to work with and made us feel very comfortable. It was so funny because we'd just get finished taking a few pics then Alec would kiss my head or my cheek and she was like - Oh do that again! Our photographer in Nantucket was the same way. I guess we have lots of little moments that photographers just love! Our pictures should be ready on Wednesday - I'm really excited to see how they turn out!

After our high fashion photo shoot, I had my first baby shower! This one was a family shower - Alec's family and my family. The shower was at my friend Dana's house and we had a great turnout - I think 20 or so people! My sister and Dana hosted the shower and did an amazing job with everything! I think everyone had a good time and we got so much great stuff! I loved having all of our family together. I wish Alec could've been there, but it was for girls only (and the little boy in my belly). One funny thing - when I opened the first card, I asked if everyone wanted me to read the card out loud. My niece Laney said yes so I did. After that, I was asked to not read any more cards outloud - everyone in the room was crying!


The hostesses with the mostesses - Sister (Kim) and Dana - and a prego shorty in the middle!


Me and my grandmas - Violet (the one that gave Tucker his nose!) and Dorothy


All of Tucker's grannies! My mom Carol, grandma Violet, moi, grandma Dorothy and mom-in-law Marge (Gram!)

When I got home, Alec took everything up to Tucker's room and he went through everything and read all of the cards. We shed some tears for those that couldn't be with us (Alec's granny who we lost last month). We cried from excitment and feeling overwhelmed and from just realizing how blessed we are to have so many people in our lives who love us so much.

Alec has already set up the bassinet and cleaned out both cars and installed the car seat. He got our suitcases down from the attic so we can start packing! I feel like I have a million things to do but of course no energy to do them!

This week we have our 34 (8 1/2 months!) week doctor's appointment and we're filling out our preadmission paperwork. I can't believe how much closer it's getting. We're sooooo excited!


Here's a recent full body shot. I honestly don't know where else this boy is going to go!

No comments: