Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, February 8, 2009

I'm ready to have the baby now!

I'm tired of being pregnant. I walked (more like scooted) on the treadmill for 1 mile today. It took me 22 minutes to walk 1 mile! And afterwards, I was totally out of breath and my feet and legs were burning. It was absolutely gorgeous this weekend and I wanted to be outside working in the yard but I knew if I tried, I'd be exhausted in 5 minutes!

I told Alec that I think people who enjoy being pregnant are either lazy to begin with or people who relish in taking things slow and not always on the go. Well I'm a total type A person who wants to go, go, go so all of a sudden having to stop or just not being able to go as much has really gotten me down! I know if it hadn't been as nice this weekend, I probably would've been fine on the couch under a blanket and the furkids.

I just feel like I've been pregnant forever! I miss being able to do normal things like tying my shoes (or wearing cute shoes for that matter!) and rolling over in bed without it being a whole production. I don't really miss getting a full night's sleep or anything like that (I've already decided those will probably be gone for quite a while, if not for good). I just miss physical stuff - like being able to run on the treadmill and sitting straight up rather than at a much more comfortable angle.

This week marks our 32 week - 8 whole months! At first, I was guesstimating how long we had left based on being pregnant for 40 weeks (so this week would mean 8 weeks left). But my doctor said she considers term at 37 weeks - or at least she said the baby isn't premature at 37 weeks. So now I say we have 5-8 weeks.

I'm not nervous or anxious or scared or anything. I'm just ready already!

No comments: