Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, April 4, 2008

To Register or Not To Register

Is that even a question?!?!

So we were conflicted about registering. I mean…this isn’t our first rodeo. We have lots of stuff but the stuff we have is from our former lives – a little bit of his…a little bit of hers, but not a whole lot of ours!

I happen to own the most recent Etiquette book by one of my favorite experts...Ms. Emily Post. I also have one from the 1940’s but it tells me things like “don’t wear pants” and “hold a teacup like this” so I’ll consult the more modern one for this question!

Ahem…Ms. Post – Is it appropriate to register for gifts when it’s an “I Do Take 2”?

Ms. Post so graciously responds: Registering for gifts is a courtesy to your guests.

Works for me!

So we registered! Alec used the gun: I just pointed and he shot. We were quite the team! Of course the first thing we registered for was a 40” Sony LCD flat screen TV and I think there are a couple cases of beer in there to. Guess who shot without someone pointing?!?

We still need to add to our registry. Hopefully we’ll have a new house soon and we’ll know what else we need (linens, towels, etc!). Or we may just shoot from the hip and pick what we think will work!

No comments: