Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Two Under Two Too Much?

Man! What have we gotten ourselves into? This whole idea of having 2 babies under the age of 2 is starting to be way more work than I had anticipated!

When we were pregnant with Thatcher, the term 2 under 2 kept popping up - usually with a few giggles - from our friends and family. I honestly thought the only thing that may be a challenge would be the amount of diapers we were going to go through. Honestly - that was it!

I thought - infants are easy! They just need a full belly, a dry bottom and a cozy little place to nap the day away. While said infant was napping away, we would play with our bouncing of the walls toddler. Boy was I wrong!

Tucker was an easy baby - which now I realize was very deceiving. We thought that's how all babies were. Just happy little bundles of joy. Heck, why not have another? How fun!

Then Thatcher came along. He doesn't seem to be a very happy bundle of joy. He's more like a fussy hot mess. We spend most of our time with him going back and forth - does he not feel well? is it colic? he feels fine. it's colic. no...does he really not feel well? ok. yeah. it's colic.

So now not only do we have a bouncing off the walls toddler, we also have a fussy hot mess of a baby. And our days - well - they stink. They really do.

We've decided the easiest thing to do at this point is just surrender - give up. Instead of waking up on Saturdays with thoughts of accomplishing errands and home projects, one of us holds the baby while the other entertains the toddler. Or if someone must take a shower, then the other has the task of comforting baby and playing with toddler at the same time.

Every now and then, we luck out and they take naps at the same time. During this time, we either throw ourselves down on the couch in complete exhaustion or we speed through chores like laundry and the never ending task of picking up toys - never ending!

I feel like I've lost my body and looks to my sweet boys and now my sanity is slowing going away too. I know things will eventually get better but it's really hard to imagine they ever will. I so look forward to that time. But for now, I'm that sleep deprived half crazed frumpy mama with no make-up wearing sweat pants everywhere. Nice to meet you. Please don't giggle about my 2 under 2.

Oh - now read this all again and throw 3 dogs into the mix. I may cry.

No comments: