Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Remembering Grandma

I can't believe it's been 3 months today that we lost our dear sweet grandma. I miss her everyday and even more so when I have trying times with the boys. When they are being more than I can handle, I just know my grandma would've known what to do. I cry because I can't reach out to her for advice.

I'm so lucky to have so many precious memories that I think about often like...

When I was little, my grandma used to wash my hair at the kitchen sink then comb it out while I watched TV.

Grandma always said to chew a 1/2 stick of gum so you wouldn't smack...though this never stopped her from smacking her gum!

Grandma always had bananas (my favorite!) and cookies on hand.

When Grandma would call Grandpa on the CD radio, she always said "Base to unit 1, come in Carl". I even got to call him from time to time and I would say it just like she did!

Grandma would always turn down your bed when you stayed the night with her.

Grandma always had her fingernails painted and took care in how she looked.

Grandma was your biggest fan. No matter what you chose to do, she was proud and showed genuine interest.

And one of my very last memories that is so precious to me is watching my grandma rock my sweet baby Tucker to sleep.

There are a million more memories that I hope never fade away.

I hope when my babies have babies, I can be half the grandma to them that mine was to me. I hope in my hugs and kisses, they find the love, strength and wisdom that I feel she's passed on to me.

God I miss her.

No comments: