Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Sickos

This past weekend, the ragweed got a hold of Alec and Tucker and wouldn't let them go! They both sneezed and coughed and had snotty noses. It wasn't pretty.

On Sunday, we loaded up and headed to Wynona to visit my mom and grandparents. Alec and Tucker still had snotty noses but that was really it.

On the way home, Tucker got fussy so we stopped at Sonic for some grub and I moved to the back seat to entertain Tucker for the rest of the drive home. Well Tucker had no appetite for his Wacky Pack and I had about 2 bites of my chicken sandwich and was done.

By the time we got home, I wasn't feeling well at all. I was hungry but food sounded awful. I had only had 2 biscuits for breakfast and that was it for the day. Not exactly my usual pregnancy pigout day.

I walked in and went straight to the bedroom. I told Alec I had to lay down for a while. I cried and whimpered and I think I eventually fell asleep.

When I woke up, everything I had eaten the day before was movin' on up and needed out - fast! Alec was amazed that the previous night's dinner was still in my belly. I really don't know how the whole digestion thing works, but it didn't seem very weird to me.

While I'm hugging the toilet, I can hear Tucker outside the bedroom banging on the door and yelling. Oh yeah - no time to be sick, I'm a mama! Tucker and I found Alec out on the couch. Apparently he wasn't feeling 100% either - I don't think he was even feeling 50%!

I'm not a person who gets sick. In fact, Alec and I were thinking about the last time I had actually thrown up and I think it was after Oktoberfest in 2006. And that was from, well, over-Oktoberfesting.

So because I'm rarely sick and I hate taking medicine, I have no idea what to do with myself. I start drinking water - must stay hydrated! Well needless to say, that didn't stay in my belly long either. I went to bed with a very empty belly and a very crampy belly - from all the heaving.

The next day, Alec and Tucker were feeling better so they left me at home to wallow in misery. I decided to follow the BRAT diet that we had given to Tucker when he had an upset belly a month or so ago. So for breakfast, I had a banana and toast; for lunch I had plain rice; and I had an apple for an afternoon snack. I kept all of that down plus 2 big bottles of water. So for my second afternoon snack, I had chocolate milk and a graham cracker with peanut butter. All better!

Alec and Tucker are still at war with the ragweed, but I'm totally better now. Hopefully I managed to shed off a couple of the 8 freaking pounds I've gained in 1 month! Silver lining!

No comments: