Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Our Busy Weekend!

Our weekend began at 3:30 on Saturday morning - yes...3:30. Tucker's coughing woke me up so I gave him some medicine and rocked him back to sleep then I was wide awake. I watched 2 Oprahs then headed back to bed. I finally woke up at 8:00 which seems so late!

Alec took Berman to the vet for his annual shots and Tucker and I hustled around to get ready. Then we loaded up an headed off to the Brush Creek Bazaar!

This was the first time we've been to the BCB but we really had a good time! This place we went to was like a little ranch in town and absolutely beautiful! There was a huge pond with swans - actual swans - and all sorts of fall decorations everywhere.

When we pulled up, we smelled some yummy goodness in the air. Inside the grounds, there were crafts and food and entertainment. We walked around a bit and stopped by the little petting zoo. Tucker had fun feeding and petting goats, horses, ducks, rabbits, a calf and even a llama!


We sat down for a bit and I enjoyed my first brat with kraut for the season! It was soooo good! While we ate, we watched some clog dancers. Tucker really enjoyed them and danced along to their Lady Gaga number!

We picked up a cute little shelf for Tucker's big boy room and I got myself a cute purse. There was a lady there selling butternut squash for a $1 each! Couldn't pass that up so we got 2 plus a spaghetti squash!

When we got home, I figured Tucker would be worn out from the festivities but he wasn't but I so needed to recover! My feet were swollen and killing me!

Alec went straight to work outside! He cut several branches off of the trees in the backyard and mowed. The trees look so much better and now he won't have to duck to mow!

I whipped up butternut squash soup and it was pretty good! I've never had it before but I like what I made.

By the time bedtime came around, we were exhausted and sore. Baby in belly was super active all day. Not those cute little fluttery movements either. These are big scraping on the inside of my uterus movements. So uncomfortable! I was pretty sure I'd find myself planted to my recliner on Sunday!

Sunday morning was brisk and refreshing! Alec took Tucker to the store so I could have a little bit of peace and quiet before I started my day.

I'm not sure if it was the cool air or what, but I finally had a burst of energy and was able to get so much done! I opened up all the windows and got busy! I cleaned out the refrigerator; I cleaned the laundry room; I did all the laundry and put it away (huge accomplishment for me!); I bagged up some clothes to take to Goodwill; I swept and mopped the kitchen floor; I sorted through the never ending stack of papers that keep piling up on the kitchen counter...whew! I think I did more Sunday than I've done the past 2 or 3 weekends combined!

While I was busy in the house, Alec worked on his next project - replacing our sad tree rings with new tree rings! What a perfect day for this project! I was amazed how much better the new rings looked! Now I just need to plant my fall flowers and add a little mulch and we'll be all set!


Old rings

New rings!

I'm so glad I have a husband who not only does this stuff but actually likes doing it!

Oh - and Tucker knows how to take off his diaper now. Sunday he spilled lemonade on his pants so I took them off and when I came back from getting new pants, there was Tucker - diaper in hand and wearing nothing but socks and a goofy smile!

No comments: