Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Spring is in the air!

I woke up Sunday morning expecting the sky to be overcast and a little chill in the air. I was very pleasantly surprised to learn that was not the case! When we realized we were in for a glorious springlike afternoon, we rushed to get our Sunday morning chores out of the way so we could soak up as much sun and fresh air as possible.

I was chomping at the bit to start on whatever yard work needed to be done! Now I realize that there is a chance for one more winter weather storm. I remember last year when I was 5 million years pregnant, we had a huge snow storm the last weekend in March. I clearly remember this because I was sure I would go into labor and it would be a nightmare trying to drive in that crazy weather!

Anyway, I realize doing yard work this early in March is probably all for nothing, but I was determined to do something! Last year at this time, I was 5 billion years pregnant and could only sit on the sidelines with my glass of water and watch Alec do everything. I know this doesn't sound like a bad gig, but I like doing yard work!

So I got my gardening bucket (thanks, Santa!), slipped on my purple gloves I won at the Bixby Green Corn Festival Bingo 2 years ago and set out to clear all leaves from the flower beds! I worked feverishly and methodically to remove every single leaf! At the end I had 2 1/2 huge bags full of leaves and arms covered in scrapes, cuts and a rash. They seriously looked like I had stuck my arms in a box full of crazed cats!

After we finished our projects (Alec changed the oil in my car), we just enjoyed the sun and the warmth! Tucker hasn't really spent much time outside, but he seemed to like walking around and checking things out.

We loaded up Tucker in his stroller and walked down to the park. I think he liked watching all of the kids much more than this crazy swing! Alec swung him pretty high - especially when he did an underdog!

Just kidding!
When we got home, we opened all the windows to give the house a good airing out. Tucker found the perfect spot to enjoy some graham crackers!

We ended the day with what else, burgers on the grill! It was the kind of day we just needed to re energize and to get us super excited for spring waiting just around the corner!

No comments: