Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Goin’ to Nantucket and we’re gonna get ma-a-a-rried!

Yes - the big day is May 20 on the beautiful isle of Nantucket!

We wanted to go away...just us...no one else. We both already gave our friends and family the big wedding so now it's just us and a beach and perhaps a lighthouse.

Neither of us have been to Nantucket so we're not sure exactly what the 'Tuck has in store for us. We're staying at a cozy bed and breakfast or perhaps a quaint little inn. Getting there seems to be the biggest challenge at this point - this will include a plane...a car...and a boat - ahh the joys of living smack dab in the middle of the freakin' country!

We'll wed on May 20...just 1 day after my grandparent's 65th anniversary. Their life long companionship is what I've always strived to achieve. In my eyes, they still act like newlyweds - so absolutely in love with each other and in love with their life together. They still kid with each other and Grandma speaks of Grandpa with such pride! My grandpa became very ill last year and my sister and I were sure that if he left us, grandma would surely die of a broken heart.

Anywho...the 'Tuck it is! We didn't want to do the cliche' Bahamas or Jamaica or really any other place that boasts a huge Sandals resort. The 'Tuck is different. People ask "why Nantucket?" and we ask "why not?". Give me a place with cobblestone streets, hydrangeas, scrumptious seafood, long beaches with tall beach grass, and my love and I'm set!

Folks also seem surprised by the quickness - May 20th...this year?!?! Hey - this ol' gal isn't getting any younger (believe me - my metabolism lets me know this with each pound I pack on!). We're ready to start our life together. It's just that simple.

And we're both putting way less into "I do take 2" and way more into a life long companionship!

No comments: