Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, August 22, 2009

In My Red High Heels

We went out last night for our friend Brea's birthday. This was our 2nd time going out since Tucker's arrival and I think we held it together pretty good!

I had a whole outfit planned out in my head but when I got ready, the jeans were a little tight, the shirt a little wrinkled and my hair was not cooperating whatsoever. I finally decided I had done all I could do and was going to play the "new mom" card. I cried to Alec that I felt like an old frumpy mom and that all the other girls were so skinny and would be in cute shoes. He said "Go put on your red high heels." I said my jeans weren't long enough and I wasn't sure I could even walk in them. But I put them on. And I didn't feel frumpy. From my ankles down, I was young and sexy again. I walked in them just fine and so we were off!

We dropped Tucker off at our friends Joe and Rachel's house. They have a 6-month old so they are fully qualified to watch Tucker. Of course I cried on the way to their house (not to mention crying all the way home from work). Tucker was so sweet and good when we left which made me cry as soon as we walked out of their front door. But I pulled myself together and kept telling myself that everything would be fine.

I had decided before the night began that I wasn't going to bore everyone with my Tucker stories. I was sure everyone was assuming that I would be all about Tucker talk. But it's funny because most people started the conversations about Tucker and babies and parenthood. And when I felt myself missing Tucker (along with feeling a little lactation - yea!) and when I felt down about the other girls being so cute, Alec would grab my hand and I would look down at my red high heels and everything was ok.

We only stayed for dinner then it was time to high-tail it back to Tucker. Crying on the way there, I wondered how he did - did he get fussy? did he miss us? He was so sweet when we picked him up. He was sleeping and just so peaceful.

When we got home, I just held him and kissed him and whispered "I love you" over and over. And then I got to do my most favorite thing - I held Tucker tight and fed him one last time for the day...all the while wearing my red high heels.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Babies and red shoes....you are sooo blessed! Love the blog post.