Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, August 10, 2009

Don't Blink!

This weekend we put away Tucker's bassinet. He hasn't slept in it in a few weeks because he's just way too big now. I didn't think putting away his bassinet would be such an emotional thing to do, but it was. I can't believe how big he's getting!

Honestly, when I was pregnant I thought time was standing still. I seriously could not remember what it was like to not be pregnant! It felt like I was pregnant FOREVER! And now that we have Tucker, time is flying by!

When I was putting away some clothes that he's too big for, I didn't think how that was it - last time he'll ever wear that little sheep onesie or the one that says Beep! Beep! I just felt like I was putting them away for now and that he'd eventually wear them again.

I tear up thinking how soon he'll be too old to breastfeed or too big for Daddy to carry around. Every new milestone for him is another chapter closing for us.

I think of our friends who have babies that are getting ready for preschool or even regular school. I cannot imagine being in their shoes. I'd be a complete wreck!

Somehow if I could just keep having babies, then I could always have one picking up where the last left off. Now I just need to convince Alec that this is the most brilliant idea ever!

No comments: