Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Don't Cry Over Spilled Milk?!?!

I've been very very careful about making sure not to ruin any of my...well..."mother's milk". I make sure to keep any that I've pumped in my bottle cooler bag and I'm very careful when handling open bottles. This stuff is a precious commodity - liquid gold if you will!

Well today I had my first casualty. I finished pumping and was quickly detaching all the parts so I could stash them in my sleek pump bag. Wouldn't you know it, I knocked over a bottle - a FULL bottle - all over my desk, keyboard, mouse and me!

Needless to say, I cried over spilled milk! Honestly! I was so furious and upset that I ruined a whole bottle. Those who have not produced mother's milk or who have not been around a mother's milk producer, may not understand the magnitude of the time, pain and utter frustration involved with this "simple" process.

Every time I don't produce 4 full bottles, I feel like a failure and that I'm neglecting Tucker. It's not unusual for me to shed a few tears when I'm only a 1/2 ounce away from a full bottle. And of course just when I've mastered meeting my quota for the day, Tucker decides he would like just a little bit more at each feeding.

But I keep reading about the benefits of breast milk so I trudge on... at least for another month or 6 months or a year.

No comments: