Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Mama Mia!

Since our garden has been so plentiful, I decided to give homemade spaghetti sauce a whirl. The recipe Alec found online called for 30 pounds of tomatoes! I was sure there was no way we had that many, but Alec weighed all that he picked on Tucker's baby scale and sure enough - 30 pounds!

The first step was to peel the tomatoes...all 30 pounds!

After coring and quartering the tomatoes, it was time to boil them.

I then added chopped onions and green peppers, minced garlic and parsley, oregano, salt and pepper.

After the sauce simmered and reduced down by 1/2, we poured into jars and put them in a hot bath to seal.

And voila! Homemade spaghetti sauce!

Alec was so excited that he decided to decorate the patio!

I thought that was sweet so I made a banana cream pie - complete with shaved chocolate!

Yummy!

And Tucker took a loooonnnnngggg nap!

No comments: