Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Baby Update!

We had our 2nd appointment today and everything is good. The doctor couldn't pick up the baby's heart beat on the little sound thing so they squeezed us in for an ultrasound.

The baby is absolutely perfect! We could see its ear and nose and arms and legs. It was laying on its back with one leg kicked up and 1 arm up by its face. I think it was mimicking how I sleep! I feel bad for sleeping on my stomach now. I hope I'm not crushing the baby! Ugh...guess I need to learn to sleep on my back!

It's amazing how it went from a little blob to a baby in only 4 weeks! The baby's heart beat was beating at 162 beats per minute.

Our next appointment is Oct 21. Our next ultrasound is in 2 months (at 20 weeks) and that should be when we find out if it's a boy or a girl.

It still hasn't sunk in that we're expecting! I had about a 1/2 second moment of clarity last night and realized I'm pregnant. Then the moment passed and I was back to "the lazy girl on the couch".

No comments: