Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, April 13, 2014

My Five-Year-Old

My sweet, Tucker Joe-

I can't believe you turned 5 today. That seems like such a milestone. You're no longer a toddler; you're a kid now. But you know what? I can still see my sweet baby when I look at you. Every once in a while, I can see what you'll look like when you're much older. But more often, I can see you as a baby. You have the same eyes and nose and forehead. And of course your toes - don't even get me started on those! You know which is my favorite toe, don't you? It's the second one from the right on your right foot - the little piggie that had none. I love how it curves in just a little to the left. I noticed that toe on the day you were born and I hoped it would always stay that way. 

You're so smart, Tucker. Your teacher tells me that all the time, but she doesn't have to. I know you are. You constantly amaze me with the things you say. And I love how much you love books and reading. Dad and I read to you before you were ever born and we've read to you just about every night since. 

And you know what? You told your first real joke tonight! You're always saying "I need to tell you a joke" then you make up some crazy joke that Dad and I don't quite get but tonight, you did it! Here's the joke:

You: Knock knock.
Me: Who's there?
You: Boo
Me: Boo who?
You: You don't have to cry, it's just a joke!

I love it! I love that your first real joke was a knock-knock joke (my favorite kind of joke). I have so many more to teach you!

Well Buddy, I hope 5 is all you hoped it would be and more. Ever since you turned 4, all you could talk about was how you couldn't wait to turn 5. I hope you have amazing adventures while you discover the world around you this year. Let's just not be too quick to wish to be 6. 

Thank you for making me a momma and for making me so proud to be yours. 

Love,
Mom




No comments: