Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, November 20, 2011

To My Sweet One-Year-Old

Dear sweet baby Thatcher-
You're one year old today! My how time has flown...what's a momma to do when her baby is growing up so fast?

The first few months of your life were tough. Not only was it a nasty, cold winter, but you had cradle cap, eczema and I'm sure a little bit of colic. You cried and cried for hours on end. I cried and cried because I knew you felt miserable...and I felt helpless. All I could do was kiss you and promise things would get better. Every now and then you would smile...and oh baby, when you smiled, the world stopped. It was as if nothing else existed in that moment - just you and happiness.

Eventually the cradle cap and eczema went away and there were a lot less tears and a lot more smiles.

My sweet Bubba, you taught me compassion. I always thought I was a pretty compassionate person, but when I looked in your deep blue eyes and saw nothing but your love and innocence even though you didn't feel well, my heart would almost burst.

I've always felt this bond with you that I can't really explain. I don't know if it's because I was the baby growing up so I know what it's like to play second fiddle or if it's because Daddy had to stay home with Tucker when we were in the hospital so it was just the two of us. But whatever it is, you are my saving grace.

And now when I tickle your belly or kiss your ears and you laugh - that deep belly laugh that has you doubled over - I'm ecstatic that we made it through this first year!

I can't promise life will be easy, but I can promise you the moon and I'll do everything in my power to give it to you.

From one baby to another, I love you!

Love, Momma

No comments: