Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, September 19, 2011

Pest-O

Our fall garden is thriving! We planted acorn squash, butternut squash and spaghetti squash. I tried planting pumpkins but after the 3rd failed attempt, I put beans in their place.

Here is a blossom turning into...well some sort of squash! Alec thinks it's butternut, but I'm not ready to identify it just yet.
The vines are all over the place and I'm not sure with which plant the blossoms are associated.
 Our basil is giant and out of control. I was going to harvest it this past weekend and make some pesto to freeze but...I have this little pest:
Here it is with a trapped locust:
My fearless boys are working on a game plan to rid garden of said pest.
So until that happens, the pesto will have to wait. Maybe I'll work on some delicious winter squash recipes!

No comments: