Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, May 3, 2010

Here we go again!

On the Monday after Easter, I felt kinda gross and tired. I figured it was all the Easter food I ate and maybe sitting out in the sun all day. On Tuesday, I discovered 2 pink lines...again! I didn't cry or scream or anything. I just looked at the test and thought "huh". I showed the test to Alec and he was the same way - just like "okay". We went about our day like nothing was going on. On Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning, I took more tests and each time, that 2nd pink line slowly crept across the results screen.

But this time was different than the last. We weren't busting at the seams to tell everyone. I didn't immediately start reading every single baby book, baby magazine, baby website. It just didn't seem possible that we were pregnant again!

The next few weeks, we just did normal stuff and only told a couple of people our big news. We still weren't 100% sure we were pregnant. It was just so surreal.

Though I couldn't wrap my head around the fact that I was pregnant, I felt pregnant! I was nauseous and super tired all of the time. I really wanted to be sure I was pregnant so I could tell people how I felt and get some sympathy!

Finally last Thursday, we got to see the newest member of our family! There was still a part of me that was sure the ultrasound technician wouldn't see anything and would be like - why did you think you were pregnant? I was pretty relieved to see that tiny baby and that beating heart!

Over the next couple of days, we told our family and friends and coworkers. I think I may be confusing Tucker by pointing to my belly one time and saying "belly" then pointing again and saying "baby". I think he'll eventually get it though!

No comments: